Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje presented her fourth Budget on March 8.
The major takeaways of the 2017 Budget of Rajasthan are
1. A 15 per cent hike of VAT on cigarettes to curb tobacco and cigarettes use.
2. Rs 36 crore allocated for basic infra, conservation, beautification and renovation works at various tourist places in state.
3. 190 cities will get WiFi facilities in next financial year.
4. Villages with population of more than 5,000 will be developed as smart villages.
5.Rs 1,399 crore allotted for higher education in the budget, Karauli and Bharatpur will get new engineering colleges.
6.Economical weaker students from the General Category who get admissions in medical colleges, IITs and NLUs will get Rs 25,000. Those selected for administrative services will get Rs 50,000.
7. 20,000 senior citizens to go on state-sponsored pilgrimages over the next year, 5,000 of them by air
8.Composition scheme for such manufacturers having turnover up to Rs. 50 lac with the rate of composition fee 2 per cent introduced.
9.Saraffa, Gems & Stone, Petroleum Outlet and Tent dealers who couldn’t comply with compositions schemes to get relief
10.Pension scheme for international level sportspersons