Jaipur, Dec 14: Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje is a future strategist and politically much savvier than rest of her ilk.
So it seems.
A year ahead of Assembly elections, Raje is already in poll mode and is doling out sops to woo almost every section of the society. On completion of four years in power, Raje announced many populist measures, which probably would be hard to fulfil.
Nonetheless, the promises include :
1. The maximum age limit will be 40 years instead of 35 for direct recruitment of general category by various services in the state.
2. 1.40 lakh jobs would be provided to youths.
3. First 48 hour free treatment for the injured in road accidents both in private and government hospitals
4. Angiography would be done free in government hospitals.
5. From January 1, 2018, loans from farmers from the cooperative and development banks would be available only 5.5 percent interest rate.
6. In the accident insurance scheme, the insurance benefit has been increased from Rs 6 lakh to Rs 10 lakh for farmers from April 1, 2018.
7. About Rs 1300 chores will be spent on drinking water projects in Udaipurwati (rural and urban) and Buhana, Chidawa and Surajgarh areas of Jhunjhunu.
8. 200 PM’s Pharmaceutical Centres would be opened for generic medicines through cooperative.
But will all of these really bring in change is something which the Opposition Congress is skeptical about.
While the Congress has recently inaugurated the Countdown Clock showing that BJP’s days are numbered at its headquarter in Jaipur, Raje is going about showering goodies for the public.